Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hair Product Review: Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Cream Mousse

I have a hot mess on top of my head.  My hair is a combination of straight, frizzy and curly.  If I allow my hair to air dry, some parts will roll up into cute spiral curls, and then there are the rogue parts of my hair that are just straight/frizzy.  I blame my genetics.  I am 1/2 Filipino, 1/4 Choctaw Indian and 1/4 "Caucasian".  I say "Caucasian" because there is a little German in there and rumored Transylvanian blood (Romanian).  Truth be told, I am a genetic mutt.  My Filipino roots give me this thick stranded head of hair.  Almost like wire.  The Choctaw in me gives me the curls and frizz.

Anyhow, I digressed.  My hair is a hot mess.  It takes a lot of manipulation to look decent.  I have to blow dry my hair straight, otherwise, it is a frazzled mess.  Sometimes, I don't have the time or the energy to go through all of it.  If I towel dry my hair and put some mousse in it, all those weird frizzy/straight patches all of a sudden curl up.  How weird is that?  The only problem I had was "crunchy hair syndrome".  You know, where your hair is hard as a rock and forget touching it.  You end up looking like you have a head full of dandruff.  I have tried many price ranges of mousse.  I have used drug store brands, and special order brands.

I was in the store and ran into an end cap with Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Cream Mousse.  I typically do not buy Suave products.  They tend to strip my hair and dry it out.  Something urged me to try it.

I absolutely love it!  The product boasts that you will have touchable, not crunchy, curls.  I found this mostly true.  You will still get crunch if you do not towel dry you hair enough or follow through with blotting per the instructions.  One morning, I didn't have time to go through the steps.  I just ran some mousse in my hair and walked out the door.  There was a slight crunch, but still touchable and VERY curly.

The texture of the product is different.  It is silky and smooth when it comes out.  When you rub it in your hair, it is almost like a silky soap without the suds.  It took me some time to get used to it.  I noticed it didn't produce a sticky feeling on my hands.

If you have curly hair, I recommend you try Captivating Curls.  It's affordable and I think you'll find it performs like any other top dollar mousse, if not better.  I bought mine from Target.  I've seen it in all drug stores and grocery stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment