Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Julep Maven Subscription Service

First and foremost, I apologize for the LONG hiatus. Hopefully, I will have more time to post reviews. As stated on the very front of my blog, I am just a regular person with a regular job and raising a family. I wish I could be a more consistent and frequent blogger, but alas. Real life comes first :) With that said, I have discovered the wonderful world of Julep nail polish!

What is the Julep Maven subscription service?

The Julep Maven subscription service is similar to the ever-growing "beauty box" subscription services. It is a way to pay a monthly fee and receive a variety of product at a discounted price. While Julep is heavily known for their nail polishes, they also offer various beauty products. The monthly rate for becoming a Julep Maven is $19.99 for a monthly box valued at $40.00. For simplicity, I urge you to read the Maven FAQs.

How does it work?

I am going to be very general, so if there is something you do not understand, I urge you to visit www.julep.com for some self-educating.

Julep has a style quiz that you take. It will assign you a style profile. Currently, they have the following style profiles:
  • Modern Beauty - You receive two full sized body products.
  • Boho Glam - You receive two limited-edition nail colors and one full-sized beauty product.
  • Bombshell - You receive two limited-edition nail colors and one full-sized beauty product.
  • Classic with a Twist - You receive two limited-edition nail colors and one full-sized beauty product.
  • It Girl - You receive three limited-edition nail colors in every box.
Don't like the style profile they give you? No problem. They allow you to change it at any time.

Once you pick a style profile, you get to choose your introductory box. They also offer "add-on" items for a discounted price when you check out. When I ordered my introductory box, they were offering many polishes at $4.99 (reg. price $14.00).



Unfortunately, this was the only picture I took at the time, and it is iPhone quality. I apologize for that. My intro box came with two polishes, and the Essential Cuticle Oil. I added on the Quick Dry Polish Drops and two of the polishes for $4.99 each! The lip balm was enclosed as a gift (I assume since I didn't order it).

On the 20th of each month, you will receive an email informing you that the contents of the next Maven box are revealed. You are provided a link, and from there, you can decide whether to stick with your style profile, try a different style profile, skip the month, or send your box to a friend. They give you until the 24th to make your selection. If you do not skip, or cancel by the end of the 24th, you will be charged on the 27th. It really is that simple.

The March Maven box was a bit of a disappointment for me, but more on that in a different post. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of my March Maven box. It contained two polishes and their Rock Star hand creme. It also contained a really nice strawberry lip balm.

Is it worth it?

As a nail polish lover, I say yes! I am still a new Julep Maven, but I have loved every moment. During my short time as a subscriber with Julep, they have provided excellent customer service, and have provided quality boxes containing a great value.

Mystery boxes. It's like Vegas, except better. Julep offers mystery boxes. This month's Spring Mystery box was $24.99 with a guaranteed $70-200 worth of product. Also, one lucky purchaser will open up their box to a pair of 3/4 carat diamond earrings! Sadly, I only received the lower end of the price guarantee, but it was still a bargain. I received four polishes, a nail wipe sample, three hair ties, an emery board, and pomegranate body creme.


Without going into too much detail since this post is mainly about the boxes, I will say that I am satisfied by the nail polish quality. More about that in a following post.

Julep's generosity is unmatched, in my opinion. Every month, Julep sends out "golden" boxes to lucky customers. They have also been known to randomly select items from your wishlist and mail you one. Tales of their excellent customer service can be found by browsing their Facebook page. I'd recommend giving the Julep Maven program a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment