Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Food and Beverage Review: International Delight Vanilla Iced Coffee

Today, I tried International Delight's Vanilla Iced Coffee. You won't be able to find it on their website. It takes you directly to their Facebook page.

There are three flavors: Mocha, Original and Vanilla. I picked up a container of Vanilla because I like sweet coffee and vanilla usually delivers.

Highlights:
  • Sweet with a good vanilla flavor
  • Convenient
  • Cost effective
  • Would probably purchase again
The flavor - It is definitely your typical faked coffee drink, but don't be discouraged by that. It has a nice vanilla flavor, but doesn't really compare with the real thing.

The texture - Without ice, it is really silky, and creamy. I would even describe it as thick. I'm not too into the silky coffee drink. This is probably the one aspect that I did not like.

The value - I forgot to check my receipt for a price, but I think it was $4.00 for a half gallon. Great deal when compared to a drive-thru version or Starbucks.

Ingredients - Coffee, skim milk, sugar, corn syrup, cream, sweet whey, gellan gum, natural and artificial flavors, carrageenan, and sodium citrate.

My overall impression: I like it. I don't LOVE it. I think I'd still prefer the sugar-free vanilla iced coffee from McDonald's; however, I don't have to drive anywhere for this. The texture without ice was weird. It was almost chocolate milk like. You know the kind that is silky and coats your entire mouth? I didn't like that. I suggest making sure you pour it over ice and allow the ice to melt. It extends the drink AND brings the texture closer to  a real iced coffee. The flavor doesn't water down which is a plus. In fact, I think it's better after sitting awhile in the ice. I would recommend trying for yourself. This gal likes it enough to maybe keep in the fridge for emergencies LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment