Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Makeup Review: Facebomb Cosmetics Black Friday Sale

There was only one sale I stayed up for and that was Facebomb Cosmetics.  I can't say enough good things about Facebomb.  Shayna is a cool gal that always puts her customers first, prices are excellent and customer service has always been great.

For the Black Friday sale, I purchased:

Powder Keg - Bright Blue
All Sparkly Glowy - Shimmery Gold
Provocateur - Bright Pink
Obnoxious - Bright Yellow
1.21 Gigawatts - Silver
Cuppycake - Purple
Unicorn Tales (Sample) - White
Heart Strings (Sample) - Rosy Pink





Below are my sad attempt at some swatches.  I'm feeling under the weather and my heart wasn't all there to mess with my camera settings.  The white balance is crap.  I apologize.  I did the best I could.  All colors are swatched over NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.  I know, I know.  I always gripe that a good primer and glitter glue are the best for loose/glittery pigments.  I'm running low on my Two Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue, so I grabbed the cheaper alternative.  Sue me :)  FYI:  I took the plunge and tried one of these pigments over the Milk.  After a day of work, it creased!  My hot and oily eye lids caused the Milk to melt into my crease.  No bueno.  So, while I will use it because I am too poor to purchase the good stuff right now, it DOES make a good swatch.





My swatches really do these colors NO justice.  All of these colors have an extra pop if you use glitter glue. I know, I'm totally killing it with the glitter glue, but it literally grabs all the sparkle and keeps it there.  So far, my favorite looks are below:


1.21 Gigawatts applied to the inner 1/3 of the eye.  Cuppycake applied to the middle and outer lid.  Also applied to the crease.  Blended the Cuppycake into the crease.  I used a matte powder for the brow.  Applied over Two Faced's Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue.


All Sparkly Glowy applied to the inner half of the eye and brought up to the crease.  Provocateur applied to the outer eye.  No brow highlight at all.  Applied over Two Faced's Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue.


1.21 Gigawatts applied to the inner half of the eye lid and brought up to highlight the brow.  I typically do not put glitter glue on the area underneath the brow.  I do this purposely so I can blend in some of the shimmer to the brow without it picking up TOO much sparkle.  Powder Keg applied to the outer lid.  Applied over Two Faced's Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue.


Same colors as above, just a further away shot.  Yes, I understand I used the same application technique.  I don't sway from this formula much because I do wear this to work at a law firm.  I am honestly surprised I get away with these colors.  I'm pretty sure it is because of the smokey eye look I try to keep.  No crazy liners.  No extreme glitter.  Behind my glasses, I think it cuts down a lot of the perceived glitter.

My favorites from this batch are is actually NOT the color that I had been waiting for.  The reason for this purchase to get 1.21 Gigawatts.  Don't get me wrong.  I like it, but I didn't fall in love with it like I did from the original swatch.  My two favorite colors are actually the two I almost didn't buy.  I LOVE All Sparkly Glowy and Provocateur.  Together, they make an awesome combination.  I've been finding All Sparkly Glowy as my go to sparkle.  It is GREAT for the inner eye.  It really pops in a warm way.  Provocateur is a lovely pink.  I don't usually do pinks, but this one is great.  I haven't had a chance to really do a look with the Obnoxious.  It is too bold a statement for work, so that is going to have to be something I play with on another day.  Cuppycake was okay, but I prefer the Witches Brew from Facebomb's Coffin Collection. I'll be honest. I have had trouble getting Cuppycake to blend the way that I want to.  Not sure if that is me or what.  I did try a look with Unicorn Tales and Heart Strings and it was a disaster.  My application was sloppy and I really didn't like the combination of them together.  Heart Strings is more of a red hue on my skin.  It wasn't flattering.  I'll be honest, I have trouble finding a use Unicorn Tales.  White is such a bold color.  I'll have to come up with a different look when I have time to do it justice.  Not bad products, just not flattering on me.

I love all of my Facebomb products.  As I've mentioned in previous reviews, the owner gets your order out fast, is willing to go above and beyond and her products are awesome.  I truly have not been disappointed in any purchase.  I constantly get compliments on my makeup which is the reason I take the time to review every order I receive from Facebomb.  All products are paid by me with the exception of samples.  My opinions are my own and I am not a friend, family member or live in the same state as the owner.  I just really enjoy helping out a small company in any way I can AND I really do love her colors.  I love glitter and her bright pigments.  They make me happy.

Oh, I should probably also say I am NOT a makeup artist.  Not being compensated with products for good reviews, etc. so on and so forth.  Heck.  I am FAR from a makeup artist, but I have been asked.  It is flattering, but really.  I think they're just trying to be nice LOL.

You can find Facebomb on Facebook.  Shayna has a website up at Facebomb Cosmetics, but I last I heard, it is having trouble with IE and still working out the kinks.  You can like Facebomb on Facebook and order from Shayna directly.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I love Facebomb. :) You did such an awesome job with the eyeshadows and blending. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Katamacy - Thank you! I practice. A LOT. Love her shadows. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete