Friday, August 12, 2011

Makeup Review - Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Mat Velvet + Foundation #35

Yesterday, after shopping all evening for school supplies, I decided to treat myself to a quick Sephora shopping spree.  I still had a $50 gift card to spend and I needed some foundation.  I have been wanting to try Make Up For Ever's (MUFE) Mat Velvet +, but even the thought of spending $34 on foundation kills me!  What if I don't like it?  What if it breaks me out?  After much debating, I convinced myself that I needed to use the gift card to try a new foundation so it doesn't hurt my pocket book.



According to their website:
The Mat Velvet + foundation conceals skin imperfections, evens out the complexion and matifies with a non-oily powdery finish. The result is flawless and lasts for hours long. Its smooth, fluid texture is very stable, water-resistant and long-lasting. While it has a good coverage, it is also easy to apply. The end result can be fitted to your needs. Applied lightly, Mat Velvet + provides a natural, matte look to the complexion. Using several layers to help conceal blemishes creates a supple and elastic velvety finish. This new oil-free and non comedogenic formula is suited to sensitive skins.
According to me:

I have used this foundation for ONE day and have fallen in love.  I don't think I will ever be able to go back to my fall-back drug store Rimmel 25 hour foundation.

What I love:

I love the coverage.  A little goes a LONG way.  Oddly, it feels light.  My Rimmel in comparison was thick and heavy.  MUFE has many shades and actually had a shade that matched!  I'm a 35 (Vanilla).  Much lighter than I was wearing in comparison, but it just blends in.  The associate at Sephora just looked at me, grabbed two colors and nailed it on the second one.  This foundation lives up to the claim.  Smooth, fluid, stable, water-resistant and long-lasting.  Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.  For my first application, I used a light layer and I was amazed.  I had a few healing blemishes that were red.  Just dabbed an extra dot and it was concealed.  Powder finish?  YES.  Unlike other "long-lasting" drug store brands I have used, my face felt hydrated and soft all day.

What I could do without:

If you have read other reviews of MUFE's Mat Velvet +, you will see a trend like I did.  It dries REALLY fast.  You have to work in small batches or risk having some uneven application.  This isn't really a deal breaker by any means.  It would be nice if the product could be applied in large quantities, but it can't.  Considering how it lives up to the price and claims, I can make the application adjustment.

The final verdict:  I have found my new permanent foundation until something trumps it.  It lasted all day in the Texas heat and really does what it claims.  I am officially at MUFE convert.

No comments:

Post a Comment