Saturday, October 15, 2011

Makeup Review: Facebomb Cosmetics Coffin Collection

On Friday, I received my Coffin Collection from Facebomb Cosmetics.  I am a repeat customer of Facebomb.   I've tried many mineral/loose shadow Indie companies, but I think I found my home with Facebomb.  Shayna, the owner, really puts together some wicked colors that have glitter impact.  In general, I recommend anyone to give her products a shot.



Please excuse the white balance in my pictures. I was having major issues.  Anyhow, my collection came in this handcrafted coffin.  How cool, right?  I honestly love it.

Included in the coffin are five mineral shadows in the standard 5 gram jar with sifters already inserted.  All sifters are covered with a sticker.  All jars are individually sealed.  This collection included the following colors: Spectre (glittery white), Voodoo Doll (glittery black), Witches Brew (glittery purple), Pumpkin Guts (glittery orange), and Danse Macabre (glittery green).




I swatched all the colors over Two Faced's Glitter Glue.  It is my base of choice.  Many people like using white liner pens.  I don't like doing that.  Glitter glue keeps the sparkle in place.  As you can see, they all pop.  The Voodoo Doll is one heck of a black.  Spectre is one glitter packed white.  You can use it without a base and produce a nice, light sparkle OR pack it on a base and get some real color.  I really love Witches Brew.  It is one unforgettable purple.  I haven't really had a chance to play with Pumpkin Guts but it swatches really well.  The whole reason I purchased the Coffin Collection was to try Danse Macabre.  It is BRIGHT.


My husband took us out to dinner and I decided to give the coffin collection a try.  I used Witches Brew on the inner corner, inner and middle lid, and lower to middle lash line.  I then used Danse Macabre on the outer "V"/outer lid.  I applied Spectre as a brow highlight.  I did not apply glitter glue underneath my brow to avoid the white.  I just wanted a sparkle.


Here is the look from far away.  You can see the shimmer and sparkle from the Spectre.  I was really impressed with the way it caught the light without being overpowering.


 Here you can see the whole thing.  Don't mind my hamster cheeks.  Yes, I realize they are huge and no, I don't store food in cheek pockets.

Facebomb has announced she will be bringing back the Coffin Collection for her Black Friday sale.  I know these colors aren't necessarily "holiday" friendly, but I really recommend grabbing them while you can.  They are really fun.  As for wear, if you are using a high quality primer/base, her shadows will last all day.  I have never had a problem with creasing or fading.  Give Shayna's products a try.  She is currently invoicing straight from Facebook because she is in the process of opening her own website.  She is always accommodating, communicates well and encloses samples and other goodies with your order.  She is really fun to follow on Facebook, too.


2 comments: